Zanele Modiba is a Personal Development speaker, a Marketing specialist and the Managing Director of her own Strategic Marketing consultancy – The Alternative.
She is the Creator and Founder of the pioneering Kingdom board game – an African themed board game that promotes knowledge of all African countries and their practices.
Zanele has worked at leading South African and international companies, managing dynamic teams as a valuable member of the Executive and Management Committees. Zanele has held notable positions as Vice President: Marketing, Communication and CSI of J.P. Morgan Investment Bank, Head of Marketing and Communication at Absa Wealth Bank, Head of Marketing at Mvelaphanda Properties and Assistant Brand Manager at the leading FMCG, Procter and Gamble. As Managing Director of her consultancy, she has worked for NPO’s, marketing agencies and a leading SME incubator.
Zanele holds a Master of Management Degree specializing in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation (Wits University, 2017) a Post Graduate Marketing Diploma (Unisa, 2012) and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Corporate Communication (UJ, 2002).
Zanele is the recipient of numerous leadership awards, some being;
- Elected as the SRC President of the University of Johannesburg in 2002 and the recipient of numerous leadership and cultural awards from the University.
- Awarded the coveted Abe Baily Leadership Scholarship
- Selected as a delegate for Brightest Young Minds – Joint winner of the Apprentice South Africa
- Zanele participated in and jointly won the business inspired show “The Apprentice” South Africa, beating 30 000 hopefuls, for an executive role at Mvelaphanda Properties.
- A Goodwill Ambassador for the Northern Cape Province.
- Zanele co-anchored and produced a weekly radio show feature on Radio2000 called “The Alternative” focusing on personal development and leadership.
- Zanele has guest lectured at the African Leadership Academy as an Expert-in-Residence on “Disruption Proof Marketing,” to a cohort of leading African entrepreneurs.
- Zanele is regularly asked to speak at leading institutions and forums, notably, the Oprah Winfrey leadership Academy, Leading banks, Leading corporations, Universities, government departments and the ENCA Future Fit series.